- Textbook:Books prescribed in the syllabus as text books are kept here for consultation on production of bar coded ID cards. The section works from 8.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m.
- Lending:Books are issued to the users from 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. and 12.30 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all the working days (except Sundays and public holidays). All the books and user ID cards are bar coded which helps to save the time of library personnel as well as borrowers.
- Reference:Books recommended as reference, quick reference like encyclopedias, directories, handbooks, dictionaries, year books, almanacs, competitive examination books like JRF, CSIR are available in this section. Back volumes of the periodicals since 1980 are available. The section works from 8.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m.
- Periodical service:The centre subscribes to 325 periodicals, both National and International. The KRC subscribes to online journals in addition to the hard copies of the journals.
- Current awareness service:We provide this service to users on demand.
- Photocopying: Five numbers of brand new xerox machines are available, one is for office use and other four are for student use.
- CD copying: CD copier was purchased to give duplicate CDs of GRE, TOFEL, GMAT, CAT and other academic relevant information on CDs.
- Inter-library loan: In addition to the resources available in Knowledge Resource Centre, the centre has collaborative arrangement with reputed institutions for inter libraryloan and document delivery service.
- Latest arrivals:Latest arrivals of books are displayed for fifteen days at the entrance and users can browse through those books.
- News paper clippings.
- Content page for hard copies of journals.
- Internet browsing: Sixty systems are provided n the digital library to carry out academic activities.
- Online database search services.
- Document Delivery: In response to the queries raised by the user community, the library staff provides the necessary documents.
- Question papers: The centre provides the soft copies of question papers for the benefit of the user community. (Gitam.edu à facilities à Library à question papers.)
- Articles request: The requested articles through JCCC, Inflibnet and other sources are provided to the users.
- Generation of barcoded ID cards: Every student admitted in the campus and every faculty and staff member of GITAM, is provided with bar-coded identity card with unique pin number welcoming them into the GITAM family.
- Webbased services: These include electronic reservation of the book, application forms for library membership, recommendation form for books and patron accounts(Issues, overdue charges etc…)which can be accessed through Web OPAC.
OPAC(Online Public Access Catalogue): The different types of searches available to users are simple search, advanced search ,additional search, browse, ISBN, accession number, latest arrivals, journals, periodicals and bulletins. While browsing the user can access the database through author, title, subject, classified, keywords and combinational search.
Users can browse the database from anywhere in the campus.